Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Taylor and Hopkins in Memphis? And More...

Jermaine Taylor and Bernard Hopkins have decided to make a championship fight happen. Hopefully it will be in Memphis. I talked to the guys over at Prize Fight and they told me that they are in the running, but its not a sure thing.

The hang-up is ticket prices and whether or not Memphis could bring the box office sales that are needed for a fight of this magnitude. The prices are going to be really high and hopefully Prize Fight can get it worked out. I would love to see this fight here. Maybe I will be able to tell you that it will be soon. Vegas and L.A. are also in the running. Prize Fight has been working with Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy on a card for April, so that relationship is there. Hopkins is of course with Golden Boy, and someone from his camp said that the fight would be in Memphis. Here's hoping he is right...

Here is the article on the fight by Dan Rafael--http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=2019147

I can't believe I drafted Bonds first in my fantasy draft. Unfreakinbelievable. In the words of Barry, "I am just tired." Tired of all my first rounders getting hurt every year!

tomorrow on Gary Parrish Wednesdays...

Manhattan Coach Bobby Gonzalez

Bil "Spaceman" Lee

possibly the coach from Laurenburg

possibly Len Elmore from CBS

As always... email me with any guest ideas that you have and we will do our best to make it happen. Tell a friend about the show... grassroots radio.

Verno