Monday, August 29, 2005

Case of the Mondays

Well, we got to the trailer to do the show this morning only to realize that our humble abode got popped by lightning over the weekend, knocking out the phones. 3 Hours, no guests, no calls. Thank God I had overly prepared, because that was certainly different. Even I get tired of hearing myself talk. Well, sometimes. HAHAHAHA. In all seriousness, I remember telling you long ago that when I first started in radio at the other station, I was working one day on the board when the lines went dead and it was a day of the worst shows I had ever heard, outside of Lapides. George doesn't rely on calls and is always prepared for whatever he is going to do. That was a real lesson to me. I realized the value and difference of those that are prepared, and those that are not.

I gave the 20 Things To Look for This Year in the SEC (My List, I didn't just read what someone else wrote). They will be on the front page for you to find and you can keep up with them and rag me when I am wrong.

Thanks for listening. Gary is on tommorow. We have some big station promotions coming up, and there should be a surprise one at the end of this week. I will let you know the when and where's.

Verno