Monday, September 19, 2005

Some Weekend Notes

I was dead on about Dante Culpepper and will continue to be. Moss turned Jeff George, Todd Bouman, Gus Ferotte, Bubby Brister, Brad Johnson, and a carbon-dated Randall Cunningham into 300 yard passers. Cunningham was working at a tile place in Vegas, out of football, and came back and won a league MVP passing to Moss. Moss will now make Collins a stat monster.

USC was incredible against Ark. How do you win the T.O.P by 10 minutes and lose by 53? How do you have the ball over 13 minutes of the 1st qtr and get down 28-7? If I didn't see it I would have said it was impossible.

Vandy may not be in the bottom half of the SEC? Ole Miss and Ark. wins already. I still think they beat one of the big dogs. Maybe Georgia?

Watching Sterling Sharpe call the Sunday night game with Mike Tirico made me miss Mike, Paul, and Theisman. Sterling Sharpe is like Shannon Sharpe without the great wit. I think all little brothers are the funnier ones.

Memphis may have a really tough time against Tulsa. Who could have imagined that? Tulsa beat N Texas 54-2. I guess after playing Oklahoma and Minnesota, N Texas looks a lot different. Its why I love tough non-conference schedules for have-not conference teams.

I am glad Notre Dame has that NBC contract, they are a blast to watch. Quinn throws it 60 times?

Nice wide open offense for Nebraska. They average 3.9 yards per pass in a 7-6 thriller over Pitt. They averaged more than that with the option! God, they suck, and they are 3-0.

I would be surprised if Mike Tice makes it 2 more weeks as Vikings coach.

USC just scored again.....

Verno