Friday, June 30, 2006

Grizz Director of Scouting and analaseez

Tony Barrone Jr. will be on the show today to talk about the draft, scouting, and the summer league team for the Grizz.

A quick hit on the draft. I hate to see Shane Battier go. Anyone that knows basketball knows what this guy brings to the table. He was the Grizzlies best on-ball and help defender. He makes winning plays and is totally selfless. Houston got a championship component when they acquired that guy.

On the other hand, this was a great step in the right direction for the Grizzlies. They needed to get more athletic and they did, and they needed to acquire players that could out-perform a contract, which they did. Gay and Lowry, along with Alexander Johnson, are seriously worth getting excited about. Alexander Johnson defames a guy.

An incredible Rudy Gay montage (always makes me think of Team America World Police when I use that word.)

I like what the Grizz are doing. I will bet there is more to come.

In the Ipod--- Young Jeezy (because I am from the streets), Arctic Monkeys (seemed like a good time to fire them up again), and Flyleaf (because the chick lead singer is scary)

Holla Holla

Verno