Friday, July 28, 2006

Today on the show--- SEC Media Days-- Day 3

Today youwill hear from...

Florida Coach Urban Meyer
Auburn Coach Tommy Tuberville
Miss St. Coach Sylvester Croom
ESPN Voice of College Football Ron Franklin

If I play the interview with Les Miles from LSU people will drive off the road because they will fall asleep. So we will not.

In what was a huge upset, I thought that Croom was the best coach I heard talk the entire week. It was not even close. He laid back in his chair, chilled out, and shot from the hip. Stunning.

Croom gave the best speech I have ever heard from a coach at Media Days. I will play it multiple times today. It was like it was from Field of Dreams or something. It happened in the radio room and it was by far the least attended coach session in the room. People really missed out on some great stuff. I will root for the guy.

There are about 3 or 4 station left here doing afternoon shows. I am one of them. I love being at media days, but I am ready to go home. I have stayed at a La Quinta in Hoover before and it was great, but this time I booked the wrong one. Never stay at the La Quinta off of exit 19 in Birmingham. The shower pressure is like pee. I am dirty, tired, and my back hurts from that stupid bed. I take my home from granted.

Listen to the show.

Verno