Saturday, December 16, 2006

Just for you Geoff...




Couple of thoughts from last night...

I don't know what Mike Fratello says to the team before they come out, but I know it is terrible. Worst pre-game speech coach of all-time. He has to be. They can't even get to 20 in the first qtr.


It was only 2 minutes into his debut that Pau checked for blood. Hilarious. Of course I had several people mention this to me because they know how I love the toughness that Gasol exudes. 2 minutes in? Come on. I have not seen one other player in the league check for blood this year. 2 minutes. Battier had it all over his face, like a horror movie, and had to have someone bring it to his attention last year. 2 minutes. Also, good to see Gasol sold the Grizzlies 3 extra tickets for the game. Memphis was excited to get their paper all-star back. Max players are box office. And by the way, someone brought up Garnett yesterday... he sells you tickets.