Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I want to throw up

After spending an entire day and night at the Flying Saucer in anticipation of the lottery, when it was announced I don't know what I was feeling. Sorry for everyone and myself I guess. What a punch in the gut that was. #4? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, I said it before tonight and I stick by it, you have to trade Pau Gasol. He is your only real chip and you have to move him for a combo of players and a pick (or picks). Then you sign a free agent PG (Mo Williams) I prefer, and then you probably get Brandan Wright (assuming Atlanta does not trade the pick or take another PF, which knowing them, they may).

You have to trade that pouting Spanish wimp and get something for him. Pau as your best player does not work. This was the chance at a star and it came up short. Scrap the "build around Pau" plan and get you some more talent in here.

There is no good way to paint this. It is a total letdown. Damn.