Monday, May 28, 2007

Jerry West statement about report out of LA (of course)

I just got this from the Grizzlies...

STATEMENT FROM JERRY WEST REGARDING YESTERDAY'S MEDIA REPORT

Jerry West, Memphis Grizzlies President of Basketball Operations "In response to yesterday's report, I want to make it clear that I have not spoken with the Lakers organization or Kobe Bryant about a job upon my retirement in Memphis. My loyalty is to Michael Heisley, the Memphis Grizzlies organization and our fans. I have a job to do with the Grizzlies through June 30 and much to accomplish by that date." "I started my career with the Lakers and will always be a Laker fan. Mitch Kupchak and I are great friends and I would never do anything to jeopardize that friendship or to undermine his position with the Lakers. I have no plans to seek employment with ANY organization." "I hope this puts an end to any further media speculation regarding my future plans."

I think I speak for everyone when I say... who gives a crap. Just fix the Grizzlies as best you can and roll out. How about some kind of statement about the Grizzlies and how the future is bright (even if it is not)? Of course there is a statement when it is something could affect the Lakers. Is it too much to ask that anyone in a leadership position to at least gives the impression that they care more about the Grizzlies than the average fan does?