Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Herrington calls his shot on the show (Grizzlies sign Darko), George Foreman on Thursday

Well, well, well. Chris Herrington from the Flyer was on the show today and talked a lot about Darko Milicic being the best option for the Grizzlies. In fact, he almost called the contract they ended up giving him. The CA broke the story, and ESPN is reporting a 3yr, 21Million deal with the Grizzlies and Darko. I don't love Darko, or the signing, but it is a short contract and he obviously ended up getting less than what I first thought he would get. The fact of the matter is that there were not teams left to throw around a ton of cash, and the Grizz were able to make the best offer. The guy should be entering the prime of his career. I hated him at 9 or 10M, 7M and only 3 years is worth a shot, I guess. I do like that the guy thinks Pau is a wuss. Darko and Pau in the front court is not exactly daunting, but it could be good offensively in an up-tempo system. But in terms of getting a bruiser, a tough guy that does "dirty work", Darko is not that guy. Everyone always says that the Grizzlies need a rebounder, and Darko has not been a great rebounder. Everyone that says the Grizzlies need a bruiser next to Pau, he's not that. I like bulldogs. I like guys that will chuck you in the third row to get a rebound. Could Darko work though? I guess we will wait and see. I don't love the signing, but I am willing to be won over. We know that Iavaroni can work with big men and heck, he is better than anything thing else they could roll out there. Oh, who am I kidding? My first reaction was "oh great, now we officially have the biggest weenie frontcourt in league history" but I am trying to be nice.

George Foreman will be on the show on Thursday. The guy is one of the greatest boxers of all-time and is more famous for his grills. Check it out.