Monday, August 06, 2007

THE DREADED CVERNON.COM EXCLUSIVE: THE PARTICULARS OF THE JUAN CARLOS NAVARRO TRADE

I have been told that this is how the Navarro deal shakes out...

Memphis receives J.C. Navarro

Washington will receive a first round pick from the Grizzlies (contrary to what has been reported, I am told that this is how it will break down)
I will try to make this as simple as I can, but it is a little tricky

'08 if the Grizzlies select 20 or further down, it goes to the Wizards (top 19 protected)
'09 if the Grizzlies select 17 or further down, it goes to the Wizards (top 16 protected)
'10- '12 the Grizzlies pick is lottery protected
'13 - the pick is top 12 protected and if it has not been given, cash considerations will be given to the Wizards.

I love the way this shakes out for the Grizzlies and it is much more comforting than the reports that it is simply a lottery protected pick that they are giving up, etc.