Friday, November 16, 2007

Geoff Calkins and Gary Parrish are coming to 730 ESPN to create the greatest morning sports talk show ever

As you probably know by now, Geoff and Gary will be hosts of the new morning show on 730 ESPN. The show will start in Jan '08 and will be on from 7-9 AM Monday- Friday. I could not be more happy about this development. Geoff is the most recognizable name in the sports media in Memphis, and I think all of you know the relationship that I have with Gary. I love the guy and what he has brought to my show, and he and Geoff will be fantastic. Their show will feature a spectacular cast of guests. It will instantly be the best sports radio morning show that Memphis has ever had. I have no words to describe how excited I am about this coming together. I have two of my best media friends as a part of this station. I will still have Gary as a part of the show for the segments that we have established, and Geoff will be a part of the show in the afternoons also. Landing both of these nationally respected voices to the station and the show is a real coup. Thank you to all of you that have supported my show and 730 ESPN, you are the reason that this happened. Geoff and Gary will have the show that I, and everyone else under the age of 55 listens to in Memphis. Thank you for supporting the station and our sponsors. We have now taken the station to the next level. We will now own morning and afternoon drive time for sports talk listeners in Memphis. This might be the last time I ever post this legendary pic, sorry Geoff...