Friday, February 01, 2008

Big changes coming for the Grizzlies?

According to the CA and cbssports.com, the Grizzlies and the Nets are talking about a deal that would send Stromile Swift to the Nets for Jason Collins. I believe this to be completely true. I don't know if the deal will take place for sure, but I would think there is a really good chance. I don't even give a crap about that deal to be honest.

What I do care about is the deal that also may come in the next few days. I don't think that we are going to be as happy as we once thought we would be about a Pau deal. I have pontificated on the fact that a fire sale could be coming so that Heisley can save money and position the team to sell it. I think he wants to be able to sell to someone and be able to pitch that they will takeover a product with quite a bit of flexibility that they can do whatever they want with. Unfortunately I think that Wallace was hired to carry out this plan. I hope I am wrong.

There is nothing that Heisley has done in the past 2 years to indicate that he is doing anything but cutting back on all costs. Saving money is what this franchise is about now.

With that being said, look for Pau to be part of a deal that brings back a big expiring contract. If what I think may go down, goes down, people are going to be really pissed. Have you ever considered what Kwame Brown would look like in a Grizzlies uni? I am just asking.