Thursday, July 31, 2008

The change to 730 Fox Sports...

You may have heard me mention on the show earlier this week that starting Monday, August 5th, you will notice some major differences with our station. In fact, we become 730 Fox Sports. Monday will mark the beginning of our third year as a station, so I guess the timing worked out well. I am thrilled about this, because this gave us the opportunity to pick out a new lineup that we thought our listeners would like the most. I am one of those listeners when I am not on the air.
So here is how this shakes out with our new lineup starting Monday...

6-8am-- "The First Team on Fox with Steve Czaban"
8-11am-- "The Dan Patrick Show"
11-12am-- 730 Fox Sports Rewind, Specialty
12-3pm-- "The 2 Live Stews"
3-6pm-- "The Chris Vernon Show"

Overnights and weekends will be Fox Sports Radio (JT the Brick, etc.)
We have also signed a deal with Westwood One to become the home for Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, SEC football, and we will cherry pick other college and NFL games throughout the season.

I am thrilled with the move, because in the end, I wanted us to have the best lineup for our listeners that we can provide... regardless of affiliation. We have always wanted this station to be younger, cooler, more passionate, and more current than any other sports station in Memphis. We have accomplished that, and we needed to keep that going. All you have to do is come to one of our big remotes (like the draft party or the NCAA tournament party) and look around at the people there. The younger generation of sports fans (under 55) are listening to us.

With that said, we have a better lineup now. I have been convinced for a long time that the 2 Live Stews show needed to be on in Memphis and that people would dig it here.
Our listeners always loved the Dan Patrick Show when he was on our station and now we get him back with his syndicated show. JT the Brick (late night) had great influence on me when I sat down with him years ago, and I have always been a big fan of him and his show, so I am thrilled he will be on the station.

So those are the changes, and that will be the lineup for 730 Fox Sports starting on Monday. A big thank you to all of you that listen to the station and support the show. You will never know the debt of gratitude I feel towards all of you that have helped make this station and my show a success. Monday we become 730 Fox Sports.