Monday, December 22, 2008

I wanna puke

I did not expect the Grizzlies to win the game against the Lakers tonight, and actually I was pretty impressed by the good effort. The game has nothing to do with my disgust.
In the first quarter during the first timeout, the team put up a "Thank you Pau" video with "highlights" of his time in Memphis. It was the most second-rate, bush-league crap I have ever seen in my life. How pathetic is that? It easily topped the stupid Shane Battier poster night, and I more than anyone loved Battier and how he gave it everything he had every single night. Can this organization stop celebrating the opposing team?

Can the Grizzlies decision makers please read the paper? Do we not remember the biggest mistake in Grizzlies history saying the following...
"No matter what, the Grizzlies aren't going to be able to put themselves in position to win a championship. I don't think that's ever going to happen."
and... "I think it's just the way it is. I don't think the Grizzlies will ever have enough to be at that highest level."

What I witnessed tonight with that joke of a video was the lowest moment in Grizzlies in arena "entertainment" history. Unforgivable. And anyone that stood up and cheered is a damn idiot that should never be allowed in that arena again.
"Thank you Pau" For what?
I guess thanks for the laughs as you checked for blood, laid in the fetal position, and made a mockery of the game.
What a low moment. Anyone that has ever lived in another sports town knows how pitiful and ridiculous this was. Celebrating a player that wanted to be traded because the team stunk when the team stunk because it was built around him? I wanna puke.