Monday, February 09, 2009

What to offer for Amare Stoudemire...

Amare Stoudemire is on the trading block and the Grizzlies are one of the teams talking to the Suns about a possible deal. Chad Ford had speculated in a column that the Grizzlies might be one of the teams interested, and Chris Herrington reported that the Grizz are in fact one of the teams talking to the Suns about a deal. Herrington has a freakin War and Peace on the possibilities that you can read HERE.

If I was Chris Wallace I would tell the Suns that they can choose anything they want except O.J. Mayo. You are looking at attaining a bona fide perennial all-star who has proven that he is even better in the postseason. I love Rudy Gay, but I still don't know if he will ever be an all-star. He could be one day, but I would not bet on it. Mayo is the only guy the Grizz have that I believe will be an all-star, and competing at the highest level in the NBA is about having great players.
I will be the guy with my fingers crossed, hoping against hope that a miracle happens and that Amare Stoudemire plays regularly in the FedEx Forum. Give the Suns anything they want, except Ovinton.