Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Parlor Mob

Last week on the show I talked about a Memphis band called The Dirty Streets. They are a young band in town that is generating a lot of buzz from people that regularly go to shows. They were described to me as "imagine kids that had not listened to music in the past 30 years." They are playing at the Hi Tone on Monday night and I decided that I have to see these guys. Anyway, I was looking at the flyer and noticed that they were playing with some other bands. One of the bands was called "The Parlor Mob" and I went to look them up and see what they were like. Unreal. That is what they were like. How have I never heard of this band before? So long story long, I was planning to go check out the show anyway just to see The Dirty Streets, but I am pretty convinced that I will also be checking out my new favorite band and having my face melted in the process. Check this