Sunday, July 26, 2009

Luke Winn, Twitter, and the song that will not leave my head

Luke Winn (@lukewinn) is a college basketball writer for Sports Illustrated. I follow Luke on twitter because in addition to being a fantastic basketball writer, I know him. You would not have to know him to know how much he loves music, as he mentions songs and bands in his articles quite a bit. Anyway, about two weeks ago, Luke puts this tweet up about some song that he cannot stop putting on playlists on his Ipod. He puts a link up to the song, and so I go and listen to it.
I had never heard of the band (Yeasayer) or the song (Tightrope) and evidently it was on some benefit album. The friggin song has been in my head for 2 straight weeks. I found myself having to go to youtube to see what these guys looked like. I bet I have listened to it 250 times and I still have no idea why. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to music, and I suppose that it is entirely possible that you could think it is awful. Maybe you can listen to it one time and never again. As for me, it has been a really long time since I listened to a song as many times as this one. Luke Winn is to credit/blame.