Monday, August 08, 2011

Our trip to the National Sports Collectors Convention (Chicago) *w/ Videos

Last year we went to Baltimore for the National Sports Collectors Convention.  I had once read a column that Bill Simmons wrote about him going to the convention for the first time, and decided I had to see it.  After Roser and I got done with our trip last year we decided it needed to be an annual trip.  This year the convention was in Chicago.  We went to a White Sox/ Yankees game one night, sat in the bleachers in Wrigley for a Cubs/Reds day game, and spent the time inside the convention center.  This year we took another one of our buddies, Mark McCleskey, with us on the trip.  I knew that I probably wouldn't feel like loading every pic and writing about what we bought, so this year I brought a video camera.  Here is what we found.