Sunday, August 14, 2005

The weekend that was

I started the weekend on Friday by going to the Highland Hundred banquet. I was really impressed with the event once again. Tommy West was a good speaker as always and the new president is a friend of mine, Jim Pennington. It sure is a lot different than it was a few years ago. Thanks to easy Ed Scheeler and Jimmy P, you guys are always great to me.

Saturday I went to the two dollar movie (which is now 2.50) to see Cinderella Man. It didn't do well at the box office, but it is a great flick. It really details the depression and one of the best stories in the history of sports. Check it out when it comes out on video soon.

The ESPN 730 crew was out at the 50 in 50 event. I hope you saw them and got a t-shirt if you were out there. We have got some great looking t-shirts, and next time we are out and about I will let you know and you can get one.

I will go the the Grizzly presser with the new players on Monday and let you know how it went.

Get the word out. ESPN 730.

Verno