Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Bradie James, Greg Doyel, and Goodfellas



Cowboys starting LB Bradie James joined us on the show on Tuesday. As it turned out, Bradie is not only a great football player, but also a great interview. He was funny, charismatic, the whole 9. The highlight was when I asked Bradie what you do when Larry Allen wants to beat the crap out of Jose Cortez... He appropriately said "laugh." We will absolutely get him on again as the season goes on. Now if that defense can only play the entire game, the Cowboys will be really good.


CBS Sportsline national bball writer Greg Doyel is going to join Gary and I every Tuesday at 9:20 from now on. Greg is a great writer and he always has something to say. We are really excited to have him as part of the show.


Goodfellas was named the best movie of all time by a British Film magazine. I really liked Goodfellas, but it is not the best movie of all time. Its great, I would watch it again, but it is not the best movie of all time. I am still deciding what is.

Thanks for listening. The 730 Tailgate brought to you by Coors Light will be on and poppin again at Toby Field before the UAB game next Tues night. I don't care who you are a fan of, you should be at this game, and you have to see this Tailgate party. We had our first one before the ECU game and it was the most people I have ever seen come through a sports radio promotion in this town, and it was our first one. I will tell you that Gary and I will be there, and would love for you to come by and say hi and join the bash.

Verno