Monday, April 24, 2006

Grizz/ Mavs game 1 etc.

What a load of crap that was last night. It is a mantra of the program that as a fan, all you can expect is that your team gives it everything they have got. If it is not good enough, so be it. You want to feel like they left it all on the court. The Grizzlies did not. Totally unacceptable.

Pau is Pau. I did not expect much different. He has had a great season and is an excellent player, but you cannot put the burden of carrying a team on him in the postseason. You never will be able to. Some may consider it a knock, but K.G. is the same way, so take it for what it is worth. I take this first part back, his first half was actully worse than I expected, that is usually when he is good.

Dirk was the real All-Star. Big time players come up big.

Atkins is Atkins. He is a decent backup point guard. Awful last night.

I have long said that the guys I want on my team are the guys I would like to take to a street fight (not talent wise, attitude wise). There are two guys I would take off this Grizzly team-- Shane and Eddie.

Miller may be the better 6th man, but the Mavs use theirs better (Stackhouse).

When one team has more talent, you can bridge the gap somewhat with hustle. Dallas was the team that played with more heart, desire, and passion. That is freaking sad.

Verno