Thursday, August 10, 2006

Antonio Burks update...

I talked to Burks today. As you know, he was scheduled to join me yesterday and did not. He expressed to me that he would perfer to not answer many of the questions that I would ask until he signed somewhere and determined his future.

There are 4 teams that he has talked with. They include Indiana, Sacramento (they would have to drop a PG for this to happen), Dallas, and Miami. If Larry Brown was still in New York, he believed that New York would be where he would have ended up. This makes sense only on the level that Brown and Calipari and extremely tight.

If the NBA does not work out, he has 2 offers from Europe. I believe that one of them was an Italian team. This much is certain, he told me that should he decide to play overseas, he would make more in one year than he did in 2 with the Grizzlies.

Verno the Reporter