Friday, September 07, 2007

So much for the perfect sports story...

I wanted to vomit when I saw the news about Rick Ankiel last night. This was my favorite sports story in a long, long time... and what a story it was. We get so wrapped up in a story so amazing and pure, only to be crushed by the news that this story is not all it seemed. The Ankiel story has embodied everything with love about sports. In the midst of bad stories and disappointments associated with baseball, we had this incredible tale of redemption and perseverance. I am just sick. I know that you cannot always believe in fairy tales, but I wanted to believe and feel great about this fairy tale. The innocence and purity of the story is gone. What a shame.
Today on the show we are loaded with guests. Comedian and author Alan Donnes will be in studio the first hour. Bert Sugar will be with his picks, Parrish is in Oklahoma and will join us from there, Eric Moulds of the Titans will be on the show, and we have the return of the Philanthropy segment and Jimmy Denunzio (The World's Greatest Handicapper). I will have the audio up tonight. Thanks for still coming to the site though I have been gone. I'll probably put up some pics from the wedding for you to see and I am back updating the site regularly. Thanks for listening and if you have not picked up the current issue of RSVP Magazine, go grab one, there is a nice article about the show.